These cookies are so amazingly simple to make and absolutely delicious. They are sweetened with luscious dates, raisins and light brown sugar, and have a chewy texture that will have you reaching for a third, then maybe a fourth cookie. 🙂
Date & Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 3/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup Dates (pitted & chopped)
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 5 tbsp Milk
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, mix together oatmeal, flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, chopped dates and raisins.
- Step 3 In another bowl, lightly whisk together egg, milk and vegetable oil.
- Step 4 Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients. Combine everything together with a wooden spoon or a spatula till you get a soft dough consistency.
- Step 5 Use an ice cream scoop to measure and place each cookie or use a large spoon full. Place the dough well apart from each other, flatten each cookie with a large spoon or a spatula. This recipe should make about 18 cookies.
- Step 6 Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container, consume within 5 days if kept at room temperature.