Potatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables out there. There are endless ways to prepare them…from roasting them to making the perfect mash. And Dahi Aloo is yet another way to make this wonderful vegetable. It is a simple and flavourful recipe that can be made in jiffy. This Dahi Aloo dish is enriched with the tangy and creaminess of yogurt and the Indian spices balances the flavours.
Dahi Aloo/ Yogurt based Potato Curry
- •2 large Potatoes (boiled and crumbled)
- •2 tbsp Gram flour/ Besan
- •3/4 cup Plain yogurt (room temperature)
- •1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- •2 Green chillies
- •1 tsp Cumin seeds
- •1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- •1 tsp Red chilli powder
- •1/2 tsp Garam masala
- •1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- •Salt to taste
- •3/4 cup Water
- •1 tbsp Ghee/ Oil
- Step 1 In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Set it aside.
- Step 2 Heat ghee in a pan. Add in cumin seeds and hing. Let the seeds crackle, now add in chopped green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a minute.
- Step 3 Add in one chopped tomato, saute until it turns mushy. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Pour in the yogurt mixture along with 3/4 cup of water. Mix well and let it cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Add in the boiled potatoes and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Add more water if required.
- Step 5 Garnish with green chilli or coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice, poori or chappati.