Creamy Zucchini Potato Au Gratin
September 16, 2018
: 15 min
: 45 min
: 1 hr
- 2 large Zucchini
- 3 large Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Chives/ Spring onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1+ 1/4 cup Parmigiano-reggiano cheese (grated)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 200 C. Slice the zucchini and potatoes thinly. Thinner the potatoes the faster it’ll bake.
- Step 2 To make the cheese sauce, in a large bowl, mix together heavy cream, 1 cup Parmigiano, garlic,chives, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Layer the vegetables in the casserole dish, alternating with zucchini and potatoes.
- Step 4 Pour the cream mixture evenly over the top, making sure the vegetables are well coated. Sprinkle the remaining Parmigiano on top.
- Step 5 Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Garnish with spring onions and serve.