These creamy, rich and fluffy mashed potatoes are the perfect side dish for almost any dinner. Its the easiest recipe to make and just melts in your mouth. And the secret to making them extra-flavorful is adding more cream and more butter! Heavenly!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 500 g Potatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves (peeled and minced))
- 50 g Unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Hot milk
- 1/4 cup Warmed heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Step 1 Peel and cut the potatoes. Remove the little knots as well.
- Step 2 Place the potatoes and cover with cold water in a large pot. Add some salt and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 20–25 minutes). Or you can pressure cook them in a pressure cooker for 12-15 minutes to speed up things.
- Step 3 Drain the water, then add in hot milk and butter. Using a masher or ricer, mash potatoes until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
- Step 4 Using a wooden spoon fold in heavy cream along with salt to taste, black pepper and minced garlic until well incorporated and smooth (Do not over mix because then the mash will turn out very gluey).