- 2 bunches of Asparagus
- Half of a yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 knob of butter
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups Vegetable/ Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- Wash and trim off the woody ends of the asparagus. Cut them into 1 inch pieces and set aside. Keep aside a few tips for garnish.
- In a deep bottomed pan, melt the butter over medium heat ; add in the garlic and onions, saute for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus and saute for a minute. Then, pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Cook till the asparagus is tender and still green.
- Using a hand blender puree the mixture. You can use a regular blender to do the same.
- Pour in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for a minute or two, pour into bowls and garnish with tips before serving.