Cauliflower Chowder is a fantastic bowl of pure comfort food, both hearty and tasty while also being healthy! This chowder is so delicious that I had to put it away as soon as it cooled, because I kept slurping it from the ladle as I passed by. That’s when you know you’ve made a great soup. Don’t miss out on this recipe because you are simply going to love it!
- 2 tbsps Unsalted butter
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Skimmed milk
- 1 head Cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsps Fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower are tender, about 12-15 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- If the chowder is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.