This wonderful meatless dish is scrumptious, and a great alternative to beef burgers. They go with almost anything, but fresh lettuce and avocado is what I prefer.
- 2 cups Carrots (grated)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp of Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Corn flakes (crushed)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp Cornmeal
- 3 tbsp All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix together grated carrots, onions, spring onions, coriander leaves and garlic.
- Add the cornmeal and stir well.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cumin, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Now mix in the beaten eggs and milk.
- To avoid the burgers from being too moist, add 2 tbsp of crushed corn flakes (bread crumbs can also be used instead of corn flakes).
- The burgers patties can be formed prior to heating the pan or you can use an egg ring or cookie cutter to form them on the pan.
- Heat oil in large skillet/ frying pan over medium- high heat. Add patties, and fry until both sides are golden brown.
Serve the burger on buns with lettuce, chilli sauce, cheese, avocado, mayo or slices of tomatoes.