A curry that is made with rich coconut milk and infused with enough spices to make your tongue tingle! If you like butternut squash, be sure to try this recipe out.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 400ml Pumpkin purée
- 1 ½ cups Vegetable broth
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp Curry powder
- ¼ tspn Cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- 1 cup Butternut squash (diced & roasted)
- 450g Prawn (peeled and deveined)
- ½ tsp Fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp Lime zest
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and ginger with a pinch of salt and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the chopped tomato and pumpkin puree and cook for 10 minutes, until the pumpkin turns brown.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, coconut milk, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid off.
- Add butternut squash, prawn, and lime zest and juice; cook for a couple more minutes, until the prawn is cooked well and the squash is warm.
Garnish with coriander leaves and shredded coconut, and serve it over steamed brown rice for a comforting seasonal dinner.