If you are bored with the standard French Toast recipes out there then this Blueberry French Toast Casserole is the way to go. It has all the custardy goodness of a classic French Toast and the sweet flavour of blueberries . The perfect dish to prep the night before or make it in the morning and pop it in the oven for brunch when you have guests coming over.
- 8 slices Brioche Bread
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp Butter (Melted)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- Cut the brioche bread into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, heavy cream, vanilla essence, and cinnamon powder.
- Add bread cubes into this mixture and gently mix it in.
- Grease a pan with butter, place the bread mixture in it. Drizzle melted butter over the mixture, add the blueberries and sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
- Cover with foil, and place it in the fridge for an hour or overnight. If you are leaving it in the fridge overnight, then take it out 20 minutes before baking to bring it back to room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 190 C. Bake it for 35 mins covered. Remove the foil and bake it for another 15 mins at 200 C till you get a slight golden crust. Remove from the oven and let it stay for 10 minutes before serving. You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.