Blood oranges are in season right now and at the peak of their wonderful flavour, and I can’t get enough of them! Their deep garnet colour, tangy, juicy goodness is just whats needed to brighten up those gloomy days. Their the best to make marmalade, as they are sweeter than the traditional marmalade citruses. If you’ve never made marmalade before, don’t be intimidated and give this easy recipe a try.
Blood Orange Marmalade
- 10 tbsp Fresh Blood orange juice
- 2 tbsp blood orange zest
- 6-7 tbsp Organic clear honey
- Step 1 Place the blood orange zest, blood orange juice and honey into a heavy-based sauce pan. Bring the mix to boil, stirring continuously.
- Step 2 Bring the heat down to low-medium. Simmer for 8-12 minutes and you’ll see the consistency of the mixture getting thicker. Stir till the marmalade separates when you drag a spoon across the pan. Longer cooking times will result in a stiffer marmalade, so make sure not to over cook it.
- Step 3 Transfer hot marmalade into a sterilised glass jar and store in refrigerator for 1-2 months.