This recipe is the perfect sweet treat when you have guests coming over, fusing together the sweetness of fresh blackberries and the tartness of lemon. A beautiful cake to enjoy during summer.
Blackberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- For the lemon glaze
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon juice
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180 C. Melt the butter and let it cool down a bit.
- Step 2 Grease a standard bundt pan with butter and dust some flour onto it, so that the cake does not stick to the pan.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, water, butter and vanilla extract. Add in the sugar and lemon zest, whisk till the sugar is well combined.
- Step 4 In another bowl, sift in plain flour (keep aside 2 tbsp to coat the blackberries), baking powder and salt.
- Step 5 Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Using a spatula, combine everything together. Add the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour to a mixing bowl and toss together until all the blackberries are coated with the flour. Set aside. Gently fold the blackberries into the batter then spoon into your prepared pan.
- Step 6 Bake the cake for about 45-55 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Step 7 Wait for 15 minutes before transferring the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 8 To make the glaze: In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until well combined and no lumps remain. If the glaze is too thick, add a little more lemon juice. If the glaze is too thin, add a little more powdered sugar to thicken it up.
- Step 9 Pour the glaze on top of the bundt cake and allow to sit for about 15-20 minutes so the glaze hardens.