- 1/2 cup Melted butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 ¼ cups Sugar (plus 2 tbsps sugar)
- 1 cup Self-raising flour
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 2 cups Fresh Blackberries
- Whipped cream andor ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Rinse the blackberries and pat them dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar with the flour and milk. Whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar over the blackberries.
- Bake for 1 hour until golden brown and bubbly. When 10 minutes of the cooking time remains, sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. You can store this at room temperature with foil over it for 2-3 days.