- 2 cups Grated beetroot
- ½ cup Grated coconut
- 3-4 Shallots (quartered/ sliced)
- 2 Green chillies (slit lengthwise)
- 1tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 Strand of curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil (Coconut oil will give a better flavour)
- Salt to taste
- Mix together grated beetroot, grated coconut, shallots, green chillies, garlic, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Now add the beetroot mixture
- Cover the pan and cook for 6minutes on low heat.
- Remove the lid, give it a good stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with rice or chapatis.