This is a quick and easy recipe using one of the most underrated vegetables around – beets! They’ re a beautifully hued sweet vegetable, full of health benefits. Enjoy this tasty salad, perfect to prepare for the summer weather.
- 300 g Beetroot
- 1 small Red onion (sliced)
- 1 Green chilli (slit)
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- Wash beetroot bulbs and place them in a pot of cold water. Bring to boil and cook until beetroot is just tender. Take it off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Peel off the skin and slice the beetroot into thin slices.
- Place the sliced beetroot in a bowl, add in the slit green chilli, vinegar, black pepper and salt. Gently mix and coat the beetroot.
- Keep it in the fridge to cool for 20 minutes before serving.