- 500g Beef (cut into bite size cubes)
- 1 ½ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 ¼ tbsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Onions (medium sized, chopped)
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger & garlic paste
- 1 ¼ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- Coconut oil
- Salt to taste
To roast and grind
- ¾ cup Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Whole black pepper
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- 3 Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 1” piece Cinnamon
- 8 Shallots
- Heat oil in a pan and roast the ingredients listed under ‘to roast and grind’ till it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Allow the mixture to cool and grind it to a fine powder.
- Marinate the cleaned beef with chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and salt.
- Add ¼ cup water to this and pressure cook till beef is well cooked, this should take about 25 minutes. If there is excess water, cook till it dries completely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cooked beef, stir for a few minutes.
- Add the roasted ground masala and curry leaves and mix well.
- Stir fry till the beef is roasted well and the roasted powder starts separating from the beef.
- Add pepper powder a minute before turning off the heat and mix well.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot with rice or parotta.