A juicy chunk of baked Salmon topped with creamy Dill cream sauce is a delectable marriage made in heaven. It’s easy to make, takes just a few minutes and has tons of health benefits providing plenty of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids. I highly recommend this dish for those who are looking to eat healthy. There’s something about the tangyness from the lemon juice, which is perfectly balanced by the creamy sauce, that compliments the whole dish so perfectly! I wanted to keep the meal simple yet flavourful. So, I served the dish with some asparagus that I roasted on the same baking dish with the salmon. Just drizzle it with some olive oil and season it with salt and ground pepper and it’s good to go. 🙂
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- A pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp Fat free plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 1 Clove of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 – 3 tsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Organic honey
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, sour cream, garlic, dill, honey, lemon juice and milk to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in refrigerator, allow to rest at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.
For the Salmon:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease a baking dish and place Salmon fillets on the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, ground pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the lemon mixture gently over the Salmon fillets, then turn over the fillets and make sure to get the mixture evenly spread.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes, then bake in preheated oven for 10 – 14 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with Creamy Dill Sauce and a slice of lemon.