A quintessential Kerala dish, served during Onam Sadyas and Hindu weddings. The beauty of this dish is that you can make it with any vegetables you have on-hand. It’s super easy to make and very much a healthy recipe.
June 21, 2018
: 20 min
: 20 min
: 40 min
- 3 cups Mixed vegetables (I used carrots, beans, drumstick, potatoes and radish)
- Half an onion (sliced)
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Water
- For the coconut paste
- 3/4 cup Grated coconut
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- For tempering
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- Step 1 Wash the vegetables and cut it into length size pieces.
- Step 2 Cook the vegetables and 1 sprig of curry leaves in 2 cups of water till tender.
- Step 3 Grind grated coconut, green chillies, turmeric powder, cumin seeds and yogurt.
- Step 4 Add this to the cooked vegetables and add salt to taste. Switch the heat to medium and gently mix everything together.
- Step 5 Cook for a few minutes and when it is about to boil, switch off the flame.
- Step 6 Add coconut oil and the remaining curry leaves. Cover the dish for 15 minutes for the flavours to infused in well. Serve with hot rice.