Aval Nanachathu is a traditional Keralan snack made of Beaten rice flakes, grated coconut, jaggery and a hint of cardamom. Its such a humble and wholesome snack packed with nutrients and can be made in a jiffy because there is no cooking required. It is usually had as a quick snack with a cup of tea in the evening.
Aval Nanachathu/ Sweetened Beaten Rice Flakes
- 1 cup Aval/ Beaten rice flakes
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Jaggery (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Milk/ Coconut milk
- 1 Banana
- Step 1 In a bowl, add aval, jaggery, grated coconut, milk and cardamom powder. Mix all the ingredients together using your hands until it has blended well.
- Step 2 Chop the banana into bite size pieces and combine well with mixture. Leave it aside for at least 30 minutes before serving.