- 2 cups Rice flour (slightly roasted)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Coconut (grated)
- 1 Medium sized onion ( finely chopped)
- 1″ Ginger (minced)
- 5 Green chillies (minced)
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Water
- Vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix it in well.
- Now start adding the water, the onions and grated coconut . Mix till you get a soft and moist consistency, enough to roll it on your palm.
- Cover the mixture and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, over medium heat. To check whether the oil is hot, drop in a little bit of the mixture, if it starts to bubble then the oil is ready.
- To shape the dough, smear some oil/ water on your palm or parchment paper; take some dough and roll it into a tiny ball and gently flatted it using your fingers.
- Transfer it into the hot oil and fry until it turns golden brown (make sure you don’t burn them).
Serve with a hot cup of chai or filter coffee.