- 150 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 75 g Caster sugar
- 50 g Light brown sugar
- 100 g Unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup Apple pureed
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and brush the Madeleine moulds with butter.
- In a small bowl sift together flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Now add the eggs and apple puree, and beat until well combined.
- Sift in the flour mixture and fold until the flour has been incorporated into the wet mixture.
- Place a heaped teaspoonful of the mixture in each mould and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Bake the Madeleine’s for 10-12 minutes, until they spring back when pressed. Tap the Madeleine out onto a baking pan and let it cool. Dust with granulated/ powdered sugar.