10 to 12 white button mushrooms
¼ cup Cashews (soaked for 15 mins, do not over soak)
¾ cup Chopped onions.
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 Green chilli (slit)
2 sprigs Curry leaves
Pinch of Mustard
Pinch of Cumin
¾ tsp Red chili powder
Pinch of turmeric
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
2 to 3 tbsps Oil
- Wash the mushrooms in a bowl of water and dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add cumin, mustard , allow them to splutter, add curry leaves and green chilli and sauté till you get a good aroma of curry leaves.
- Add onions, sprinkle little salt and fry them evenly till they turn brown. Meanwhile cut the mushrooms to the desired size.
- Add ginger garlic paste, sauté till you get a good aroma and then toss in the cashews and fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms, turmeric, salt and fry on a medium flame till you begin to get an aroma of mushrooms. takes 2 mins
- Add red chilli powder & garam masala powder, mix & fry for a min
- Cover and cook on a low flame till the mushrooms are cooked, giving a good stir in between. Takes only 2 to 4 mins. Do not overcook as mushrooms tend to become soggy very fast.