- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1-2 tbsp Grated coconut
- 2 tsp Split Mung beans/ Urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Oil
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add a pinch of salt and a tsp of oil and mix well. Add rice flour to this and using a wooden spoon stir vigorously till a dough is formed, making sure there are no lumps. Cover and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Grease your hands with oil, knead the dough gently for a 30 seconds. Make small balls out of it.
- Place the rice balls on a steamer and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them splutter. Add asafoetida, urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves. Saute for few seconds.
- Now add grated coconut and saute for a minute.
- Add steamed dumplings and salt to taste. Toss everything together and transfer to a serving dish.