Amni Kozhukattai/ Rice Flour Dumplings
October 7, 2019
: 10 min
: 15 min
: 25 min
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1-2 tbsp Grated coconut
- 2 tsp Split Mung beans/ Urid dal
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Oil
- Step 1 Boil 2 cups of water. Add a pinch of salt and a tsp of oil and mix well. Add rice flour to this and using a wooden spoon stir vigorously till a dough is formed, making sure there are no lumps. Cover and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Step 2 Grease your hands with oil, knead the dough gently for 30 seconds. Make small balls out of it.
- Step 3 Place the rice balls on a steamer and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Step 4 Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them splutter. Add asafoetida, urid dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds.
- Step 5 Now add grated coconut and sauté for a minute.
- Step 6 Add steamed dumplings and salt to taste. Toss everything together and transfer to a serving dish.