- 350 g Plain flour
- 150 g Ground almond
- 200 g White sugar (granulated)
- 250 g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Rum
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- 150 g Chocolate (good quality)
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cream butter, sugar, egg yolks and rum until light and fluffy.
- Combine the ground almonds and flour and stir in alternately with milk.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into small balls. Place them on the already prepared baking trays (make sure they are 1 inch apart, and gently press them to a circular shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool on trays for a few minutes; transfer to a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl placed over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Dip one half of each cookie into the melted chocolate. Place on sheets of parchment paper and leave to set and dry.