- 250 g Dry Prawn
- 8 Shallots (Crushed)
- Handful full of fresh Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp of oil in a pan, add the dried prawns and sauté it on medium flame for 5 minutes. It should be half done by now. Transfer it to a plate.
- Now add the shallots, curry leaves and remaining 11/2 tbsp of oil into the pan. Saute till the shallots turns golden brown. Be careful not to burn them.
- Add the dried prawns, chilli powder and salt to this mixture and roast it for another 3-2 minutes.
- Scrumptious Unakka Chemeen Varuthatha is ready to be served. This dish goes well with rice and kanji.